1. What is the value of taking the Comprehensive Exam?
Saint Leo University is committed to excellence in teaching. The
comprehensive examinations provide reliable measures of how well
you and your fellow students are prepared. With these exams, we can
compare Saint Leo University with other universities and identify
areas in which we need to make improvements.
2. What does the comprehensive exam cover?
The comprehensive exams are multiple-choice exams that cover the
core curriculum in your major. The exams test areas covered in core
classes in your program.
3. Is there a study guide or a sample exam to assist in taking
the comprehensive exam?
There are no published study guides. We suggest reviewing the
texts and your notes from your core classes.
4. How long will it be before I have my test results?
Because the comprehensive exams are produced and scored by
external testing companies, test scores are not received before 90
days. After an approximate three month period, your scores will be
sent to your individual center. Through your center, you may obtain
a copy of your individual score along with the University average
or percentile for comparison, depending on your exam subject.
5. If I fail the comprehensive exam will I not be able to
Students must complete the examination in order to graduate.
Student performance on the exam will not affect your ability to
6. When I take the exam, what do I have to bring?
DO NOT bring books, calculators, or notes with you. You will not
be allowed to use these items. Criminal Justice Comprehensive Exam
is not given online.
7. How long does it take to complete the exam?
The time limits for each differ. Time limits range from 1 hour
to 2 hours. Your center can let you know how much time allotted for
the comprehensive exam in your major.