Saint Leo University Joins Area Businesses with Movers for Military Veterans Drive
October 25, 2013
In advance of Veterans Day on November 11, Saint Leo University has joined with local business organizations in the Movers for Military community outreach program. Movers for Military is a donation drive collecting items and gifts in honor of Veterans Day, for those veterans who are currently homeless. The collection drive began October 1 and continues until November 8. All donations will be delivered to local shelters before Veterans Day, November 11.
There are six collection boxes placed in high traffic areas around the University Campus. For the general public, two convenient locations – in the Donald R. Tapia School of Business atrium or the lobby of the Marion Bowman Activities Center – are available for easy drop off.
The six University Campus distribution locations are:
- Donald R. Tapia School of Business Lobby
- Marion Bowman Activities Center Lobby
- Student Activities Building Lobby
- Student Community Center Building Lobby (upstairs outside Lion’s Lair)
- Student Community Center Building Dining Hall Lobby (downstairs)
- Apartments 5 & 6 (Fish Tank Lobby area).
The types of items being collected include:
- Personal products, including soap, deodorant, and lotions
- Toilet paper, paper towels, and tissues
- Towels and washcloths
- Sheets and pillowcases
- Gently-used men’s and women’s clothing
Join us in celebrating and honoring heroes in the armed forces by donating items for your local veterans shelter.
Thank you for supporting the brave men and women who have served our country. We are proud to participate in this program as another community outreach activity in celebration of Saint Leo University’s 40- year anniversary of educating those who serve our nation.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Kim Payne, University Communications, at email@example.com or (352) 588-7233.